Today is my 27th birthday. Man I feel old – how did this happen?! At least I have my wisdom, which today I am sharing with you as 27 things I have learnt in 27 years. Enjoy and take note, kids.
1. A long distance relationship is possible.
2. Travel is the best medicine.
3. Cats make things better.
4. Being native English speaker is both the biggest gift and the biggest hinderance.
5. Freshly painted nails are one of life’s simple pleasures.
6. Dressing a bit weird is ok.
7. You don’t have to be friends with everyone.
8. It is ok to say “no”.
9. A glass of wine can solve any problem (but a few may make it worse).
10. Paris is the best city on Earth.
11. I can often tell instantly when I meet someone if we’re going to become good friends.
12. Getting off my face drunk is no longer worth the memory loss or hangover.
13. Cigarettes are amazing but life is much better without them.
14. I prefer staying in to going out out.
15. You can never have enough shoes. Or coats.
16. There is a Friends reference for almost any situation.
17. I would rather a year of seasons than a year of just sun.
18. Despite having tried Vans, Adidas and Nike, I will always be a Converse girl.
19. Cereal doused in double cream is really damn good.
20. True friends are those you don’t see for months and then when you meet up you natter like you saw them yesterday.
21. A lot of people are morons.
22. You will work for some unpleasant people in your lifetime. Just suck it up and let’s hope one day you’ll be the boss.
23. Working in a clothes shop is the best way to get in shape.
24. IKEA makes Lewis and I argue. And we basically never argue.
25. I cannot live without cheese (and I’ve tested this on numerous “vegan weeks”).
26. My mum was right – views and museums are bloody awesome.
27. True love does exist.
Have a fabulous Friday – roll on dinner and drinks tonight!